As is now on all blogs and newspapers:
Abuna Pauolos, in Italy for a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI this week, told the news agency, "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries."
The announcement is expected to be made at 2 p.m. Italian time from the Hotel Aldrovandi in Rome. Pauolos will reportedly be accompanied by Prince Aklile Berhan Makonnen Haile Sellassie and Duke Amedeo D’Acosta.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_Of_The_Covenant (where you can read a theory how it ended in Ethiopia)
Of course it is not revealed. But if it ever floats up (if the artifact even still exists) then it will have a high impact on current religions, that’s what it makes so interesting.
Christianity must always remember that it is the religion of the "Logos." It is faith in the "Creator Spiritus," in the Creator Spirit, from which proceeds everything that exists. Today, this should be precisely its philosophical strength, in so far as the problem is whether the world comes from the irrational, and reason is not, therefore, other than a "sub-product," on occasion even harmful of its development or whether the world comes from reason, and is, as a consequence, its criterion and goal. The Christian faith inclines toward this second thesis, thus having, from the purely philosophical point of view, really good cards to play, despite the fact that many today consider only the first thesis as the only modern and rational one par excellence. However, a reason that springs from the irrational, and that is, in the final analysis, itself irrational, does not constitute a solution for our problems. Only creative reason, which in the crucified God is manifested as love, can really show us the way. In the so necessary dialogue between secularists and Catholics, we Christians must be very careful to remain faithful to this fundamental line: to live a faith that comes from the "Logos," from creative reason, and that, because of this, is also open to all that is truly rational.
The impact now, is that there is apparently an object, the ark, which also speaks to people ergo speaks the word of God through an object.
It means that it directly goes in competition with the key concept of Christianity because… if there is, next to Jesus, also an object which acts as a telephone line to God … who knows what the next message though "persons who can hear it" will be.
The amount of Dead Michael Jackson jokes must have reached the tens of thousands by now, about everyone website and forum is swamping with them.
1. Madonna has paid her respects to the Jackson family – and asked how much they want for the kids……
2. Confirmation has just come in that Michael Jackson died of food poisoning – apparantly he ate some 1 year old nuts…..
3. Michael is the only person I know who was born a black man and died a white woman.
4. Apparently Michael Jackson died picking his nose. Doctors said they couldn’t blame it on the sunshine or the moonlight. They blamed it on the boogie.
5. Q: Why did Michael Jackson die at 3:15?
A: “It’s when the big hand touches the little hand”
6. Q: How will they ensure that Michael gets a thorough body search autopsy?
A: Hire a Catholic priest to do it.
7. Michael Jackson has had to cancel a few dates for the summer. Timmy aged 6 and jonny aged 9 are said to be devastated.
8. The coroner is unsure what to put as the cause of Michael Jackson’s death. He doesn’t know whether to blame it on the sunshine, the moonlight, the good times, or the boogie
9. apparently Michael Jackson may have died from food poisoning… he was found with 12yr old nuts in his mouth
When Farah Fawcett got to heaven, and went through the pearly gates, she was greeted by God.
“Wow!” exclaimed the Holy Ghost. “We really enjoyed your work here. Especially Charlie’s Angels! I still have a poster in my office of you with that red bikini!”
Farah is a little taken aback. “Thank you, Lord…”
Jehovah goes on, “Well, I have a special reward for you. I’m prepared to grant you one wish. Have anything in mind?”
Not one to act selfish and change God’s opinion of her, Farah thinks for a second and decides upon a wish. “I’d like for all the children of the world to be safe and sound forever.”
“Done!” exclaims the Heavenly Father. He snaps, and Michael Jackson appears next to Farah.
Mission Impossible: The Code Even the CIA Can’t Crack
Uhm… lets first finish thestone…
Snel uw GVB halen? Welkom bij Mijn gvb’s golfcursus om snel te leren golfen.
handig, GVB in een dag
Google Advertising Cookie Opt-out Plugin – StumbleUpon
i think everyone should know the link on this page to opt out or in to google’s profiling to server you personalized banners based on your surfing behaviour.
Just be keeping on this page and thinking on what people are talking about you can earn a lot of money by acting on it.
ark of the covenant revealed, Jun 26, 2009
well…. where is it?
For the past 10 years there are a few programs which are my essentials. One of them is Xara Xtreme, with which I make all my graphics. Today I received and e-mail that version 5 was out! wow. cool!
There’s more than 100 improvements including:
- Significantly enhanced website and web graphics creation
- A new Object Gallery that gives powerful and flexible control over layers and pages
- An integrated spell checker and many other text enhancements
- A new intelligent image scaling feature and many other photo improvements
The new content aware scaling is amazing, look at the photograph at the right,
the middle photo shows what normally would happen when you try to stretch a photo,
now look at the bottom picture what content aware scaling achieves…. its like magic!
I cant say enough times that Xara is many times better than photoshop, it makes photos up to 100 times smaller (!!) e.g. where a photo in Photoshop is 300mb it is 3mb in Xara. It is faster than any other drawing program, it can export and import from any format, it retains every editing done ever one a photo, it includes the easiest and most perfect panorama maker, a webdesign tool that just lets you "draw the webpage" in any freeform way you can think of and then just save it as fully compliant webpage and ofcourse it can use any photoshop plugin around.
I only need to pay $29 (and $4 for sending me the cd package) so… click… upgrade… done!
Only today I discovered the mapping of ancient starmaps on Google Sky (in Google Earth), how amazing! For all those tens of thousands of years our forefathers had only this to orientate themselves (before GPS ). Stunning how this is mapped.