We always wine, face it. But this website shows you some reflection on your position against the rest of the world. It’s good to reflect on this once in a while.
According to the list I belong to the 0.5% richest persons in the world. I don’t think it’s completely fair though because it probably didn’t take into account the COSTS of living in an area where the income is higher.
Although realizing that “$73 could buy you a new mobile phone OR a new mobile health clinic to care for AIDS orphans in Uganda” is good.
I think you only realize the real difference in wealth if you travel around the world (and NOT to the US or Canada but e.g. to Africa). Then you suddenly get an awareness of the real situation, you will never realize this by just reading newspapers or watching TV. You must “feel it” to make the mindshift. It happened to me when I visited an African country and really thought “this can not be true in 2000+”. The bad thing is that the feeling slowly fades after returning.
I make here a backup of Hundreds of Proofs of God’s Existence so, that in case it ever disappears, that I have a backup copy here. If you want to read it go the url above, that is the one that is being updated this copy is only for myself.
I copied it because this list is so important. I can pinpoint to the numbers in the list while discussing things related to this on the Internet to somehow make clear that some reasoning is even without the context of the topic not correct.
So the list is even usable on no religion related topics but really in all discussions, just replace “God” with the topic that is at hand.
Here it is :
1. Walking in his room in the morning and seeing one big smile!
2. Hearing him say “pa-pa” when he points his finger at me
3. His laughter and endless energy which transfers to me
4. Being amazed each day on the new things he learned, learning him new things and learning from him.
5. Watching TV together, when he crawls on the couch and sits next to me, thumbing.
6. Seeing him dance to every little piece of music he hears (commercial time is fun!)
7. When he begs to get a cookie and gets real mad when he does not get one whereafter I give him one although he shouldnt get one
8. When he throws all his playthings and other goodies near me, one by one, and then carries them back, bring them back again, etc…
9. Seeing him wave to everyone (including people at the busstops) and each and every car that drives by
10. Putting him to sleep at night and seeing one big smile!