The wikipedia 5000 list gives you the most popular wikipedia articles of the past week.
What purpose could it be for you?
- post about a topic on your blog or on your social network for attention (clicks = hits= money)
- do not post about any of these topics because they are cliche and everyone posts about it
- find out what currently people find interesting enough to dive into somewhat more
- find out about all this stuff because you can use it at the coffee machine or at clients because chance is high this is “the talk of the week”
- find out which series to watch
- find out which music to listen to
- find out which movies to watch
- just read all of it to know everything and show off at the bar
- get dissapointed because the thing you thought was special apparently everyone reads
- get excited because the thing you find interesting apparently many people find interesting
bonus: make it a game: for each article explain why that article is in the top 5000 this week.